To turn off Enable write caching on the disk, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Right-click the hard disk, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Hardware tab.
4. Click to select the hard disk, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Policies tab.
6. Click to clear the Enable write caching on the disk check box, and then click OK.
7. Click OK to close the Local Disk (C:) Properties dialog box.
8. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each hard disk that is installed in your computer.
Mircrosoft support URL : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330174